2024 Practice Schedule
- Flag football is open to all young people between the ages of 8 and 18.
- There are open teams (open to any gender) as well as girls only teams.
- No prior experience is necessary.
- You must be an active member of Football Ontario (FO) and Football Canada (FC). Membership fees are payable once in a calendar year and can be done through the GS Raiders Flag registration if not done already.
- The season is expected to officially kick-off with a tournament on the May long weekend and run until the end of June.
- Each team will have two practices a week and one game on the weekend: Open division games on Saturday and Girls division games on Sunday. Some of the Girls’ games may also be scheduled on Fridays due to field and referee availability.
- The actual start date will depend on when the city opens the fields. This will be weather dependant.
- The schedule for the official season is still being finalized and will be posted as soon as it is available.
GS Raiders flag football regular season registration fees include …
- a set of flags (that must be returned at the end of the season); and
- a team t-shirt for games (that can be kept).
Players must supply their own …
- cleats (football or soccer cleats are fine - no metal spikes);
- shorts without pockets (available in the Raiders store)
- mouth guards.
*shorts with no pockets are available for purchase from the Raiders online store.
- All games are 5v5 using Football Canada rules.
- We will run as many teams as we can accommodate with players, coaches and fields.